Chapter 4 – Process
4-1 “One Button” Finite Capacity Scheduling
After update current order and loading new order already, just click on “Rescheduling” button, Scheduler123 will do data processing and calculation to find the planned operation start date and the planned operation end date using Forward Scheduling method and Sequencing by Priority number, then by No Earlier than Date.
In the same time, all reports will be updated automatically.
When the result show in Gantt chart, with visual control feature scheduler can easier see some orders at some operations don’t meet order due date which shown on red background color. S/he can identify which operations delay? , how many days? , and which operations should be improved?
Demonstration Video: Automated Finite Capacity Scheduling
Scheduler will do What if Capacity? to resolve that issues.
4-2 What if Capacity?
We have many alternatives to resolve capacity issues.
Here are the possibility choices to fix them:
• Adjust capacity at bottom neck operation – may adjust only one operation can resolve for whole order. If you have 3 operations with run rate 20, 10, 20 unit/hour (UPH), then the second operation should be improved, may by add some operators or fine tune the machine.
• Run on another machine which is available for?
• Add overtime on weekday or add overtime on weekend
• Adjust priority number of that order or other orders by considering the due date, urgent order? , impact level?
• Improve due date of the shortage material
• Postpone preventive maintenance into next week
• Verify due date whether adding buffer time from sales people
• Using batch transfer to reduce total manufacturing cycle time
Demonstration Video – What if Capacity?
1 – Change Priority
2 – Running at other Machine or Add Overtime on Sunday